Is Online Fitness Coaching Right For You?
What to Look for In an Online Personal Trainer for Fitness Coaching
- Education: A personal trainer/fitness coach should be certified through a reputable fitness organization such as (ACSM, ACE, NSCA, NASM, etc.). An exercise science or other related college degree isn't necessary, but the more education your trainer has, the better your workouts will be.
- Experience: Does your trainer/coach have experience in the areas related to your goals?
- Specialized to your needs: If you have a specific medical problem, injury or condition (such as being pregnant, heart problems, diabetes, etc.) make sure your trainer/coach has education in these areas and will work with your doctor.
- A good listener: Even when training online or through the phone, you can tell if your trainer/coach is a good listener. A good trainer/coach takes the time to understand your goals and customize your program around your goals.
- Attention: A good trainer/coach will be focused only on you during your sessions.
- Tracking progress: A good trainer/coach will regularly assess your progress and change your program as necessary.
Lose Weight Through Online Fitness Coaching!
Benefits of Coaching Online:
- Expert advice from a Certified Professional - learn what to do and how to do it. This will empower you to lifestyle changes.
- Flexible and convenient - exercise anytime and anywhere. You can workout at home, in the gym, outdoors, while away on business and even on vacation. You exercise on your own schedule whenever you choose.
- Results oriented - your work with your coach is very focused and based on your personal goals, whether you want to lose weight, have more energy or run a marathon. Your program is designed to meet your goals.
- Affordable - Fitness Coaching costs a fraction of what it would cost to get the same results with a personal trainer. More importantly, you will learn to be your own coach.
Red Flags - Watch for These Warning Signs in Your Coach or Trainer
- Ignores your questions - even if your trainer doesn't have the answers, they should try to find the answer for you
- You have pain for days after your workouts. Soreness is normal, esp. when beginning a new program, but you should still be able to function and get out of bed the next day.
- Suggests you take questionable supplements or herbs. Always make sure to ask your doctor before taking anything.
- Diagnoses injuries or illnesses instead of referring you to a doctor
- Doesn't return phone calls or emails in a reasonable timeframe
More abs exercise? Find out the truth - learn the abs exercise that truly works.
Return to Abs Exercise Advice Homepage
Copyright © 2004-2013 Abs-Exercise-Advice.com - All Rights Reserved.
Return to top